Thursday, August 23, 2007













Well, everyone I am back from my FANTASTIC African trip. So many stories and exciting adventures. Many sad sites too. I have so many pictures to post. I will share leg by leg of my trip here over a couple of days, and maybe post a lot of pictures on my facebook page. Here are pictures of the day we took off and the first couple days with the Zakariasens. They are one fantastic family! The first full day with them, we visited a Creche (daycare-I thought I had some pictures of this, but I guess I only have video) and also a nursing home. The nursing home was run by a very sweet loving lady, but she only had so much money to work with. Abundant poverty in South Africa. We also got a tour of the Bethesda orphanage, but I did not really get any good pictures there, just a couple. Very nice facilities. We met a young man out in the community one day who had grown up in a Bethesda home. It was fun to talk with him. Elaine bought a (unity gift-headbands) for all the girls to open at the airport the morning we took off.

No comments: